Wednesday, 7 April 2010

18 Days To Go

A bit of a mixed bag over Easter and it did include some eggs being troughed.

Missed my run on friday but towed my big lad around on the bikes for 11 miles so I felt that I then didnt really need to go out. Did a short run on saturday all in preparation ahead of Sundays biggy.

My last BIG run ahead of the marathon - 23 miles done. I cant believe I am about to say this but it felt ok!!!!! Did however stop a couple of times due to making the most stupid decision ever to try some new socks out. Those girly anklet type socks that only just come above your trainer, well they decided to fall down numerous times and resulted in me taking a good bit of skin off both ankles. A nice bit of blood.

After the delights of Sunday I didnt have the energy to go out on Monday, the legs just didnt have it in them. Needed a day off to recover so went out and did 7miles yesterday - minus big Ipod that wouldnt switch on, running watch that wouldnt switch on (wife thankfully fixed it ??????) and little Ipod that did switch on but lasted 3 mins. A thoroughly crap run.

Following the love of the massage last week I have actually gone back for more and it hurt just as much as last weeks did. The line I would like to use would be what the hell did he do to my backside but that might get misinterpreted so I will just let you know it hurt like hell, as did all of it.

8 miles tomorrow and 10 on friiday then the last race in pre-marathon mode is on Sunday with the Blackpool Half Marathon. A personnal favourite as it was the first I ever run when we did it to raise money for the ward that Evan was looked after on when he was born.

A couple of folk joining us on Sunday which will be good as we aim to break 1hr 30mins for the first time - come on Swav you know you want too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wii fit BMI - 25.12 - still overweight - I am super fit as I can run 23 miles carrying this overweight torso.

www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara2010

No comments:

Post a Comment