A good variety of runs this week. One session was pure Hills - 10 2 mins shuttles up the hill followed by a 3 min jog back down. Gets tough after about 5/6 runs.
A nice long run midweek which kept a good time over. Did my long run on Saturday this week which was a good idea as i just loved having a total day off on Sunday with no running or work. That is the first time this year that has happened. Was supposed to do 20 miles on Saturday but tried something and it didnt quite work. Set out over a number of very steep hills and when I reached 10 miles I, for some reason, decided to turn around and run back over said same big hills, to see if i could do the 2nd 10 quicker. Kept it up until just under 2 miles left and the last big hill did me. I just didnt have anything in the tank to get me up the hill.
It was also belting it down but once you are soaked you cant really get any wetter. My time was slower than i had wanted and i did 2 miles less but it felt really good to hit the hills and I felt like i had had a proper good workout.
Looking ahead to this week and i hit every distance I will probably do over 60 miles. That just seems such a ridiculous amount to do.
The bug is very well back and even though it hurts I am enjoying the long runs. Probably enjoying them more than the shorter ones. It does feel good to just set off and run.
Beer Belly - Still a good 42ins - isnt going anywhere
BMI - 27.38 - No real change - if the belly aint moving this certainly isnt
Week 6 - 41 miles - 6hrs 21 mins - avg 9.14min/mile
Total - 232 miles - 35hrs 08 mins - avg 9.05min/mile
www.justgiving.com\davidmcnamara2011
No comments:
Post a Comment