Sunday, 30 January 2011

5 Weeks Down - 11 To Go

Another week gone and the body really is starting to suffer. The knee is still sore but my ankle is really hurting, not sure if it is anything serious but it hurts as soon as I start running and then takes the rest of the day to calm down.

Other than the pain it has been a good weeks training. 19 miles run today and it was a good run, the same route as last week just the other way round with a cheeky little extra mile thrown in at the end.

Keeping a good constant pace and feeling ok for most of it, other than having to run up Mount Everest at the end, never going to get used to running up hills - we are not meant to do that, but really happy with the way it went and how I felt, didnt even try and speed up when the slim little blonde ran past me, was too focused on what I was doing to try and show off. Getting more and more confident that i will be ok and able to get around London.

The good lady wife has also gone and bought me some super special running gear, a compression top and shorts. Tried the top out today and after pouring myself into it and seeing what it can do for a beer belly I think it actually did some good. Supposed to make you more this and better at that and some extra of the other which in all truthfulness I think it actually did. I will give the shorts a whirl this week and see how they fair up. Bought some knee high socks as well but they don't fit right so I cant wear them and I was looking forward to literally just having my knee caps on display whilst running.

Do you ever fall over that line of going from being a charity runner to someone who actually likes going out and running and doing the marathon is just actually a bit of a challenge to maybe just keep you focused rather than being the ultimate goal. I should probably be careful not to belittle running 26miles or else it is going to really hit me. I suppose the biggest challenge this year is going from being a good sight bigger and unfit than I was last year and probably the first year. I have a lot more realistic goals in mind for what I want to achieve this year regards time and hopefully i wont let the occasion go to my head and try and beat the Kenyans this year.

Beer Belly - Without super top on 42ins

BMI - 27.39 - Up a bit but I needed to eat after todays run so that is my excuse

Week 5 - 45miles - 6hrs 39mins - avg 8:53 min miles
Total - 191miles - 28thrs 47mins - avg 9:03 min miles

www.justgiving.com\davidmcnamara2011

No comments:

Post a Comment