20 miles done on Sunday and it the fastest I have ever covered that distance and the first time I have managed under 8:30mins per mile, albeit by 1 sec per mile but I did it so am absolutely made up.
Needless to say I felt like death when I had finished and was just soooo ill. That was the worst I have felt after just doing a run in a long time. I managed to get some fluid on board but couldnt eat for about 4 hours. I felt sick and my legs were just mashed. Walked my little lad to the shop, 1/2 mile away and had to stop and sit on the fence as I just couldnt go any further.
No run on Monday as I was at head office first thing, it wouldnt have really mattered where I was, the was never ever going to be a run on Monday.
9 miles done today, including 3 x 2mile fast runs. That was hard and I didnt meet every target but wasnt a million miles away so really happy with that. I felt good though after and have recovered from Sundays hell.
This is the most annoying thing about Sunday:-
wii fit BMI - 25.01 - still technically obese, by 0.01, that fly that flew into my mouth earlier on must have caused it. A total a 6lbs lost during Sundays run.
9 slow miles planned for tomorrow - in shorts as well, as the mighty tights have been assigned to the draw and may be very lucky to survive the summer without being binned.
Just watched a programme about prem babies on Ch4 and it brought a whole host of memories back. It has given me a boost and a bit of a reminder why I am putting myself through this. Which may suprise a few who thought I did it for the fun of it.
Get your hands in your pocket and give me some money.
www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment