Thursday, 4 March 2010

52 Days To Go

The miles are coming thick and fast now, Sunday WAS a planned 18miles and for the planned 18 miles it was ok, i felt good achieved my goal time within 20 secs over the full length, its just unfortunate that i found myself on the wrong side of the canal unable, unless i swam, to get across and ended up 9 miles away from home with only 4 miles scheduled left to run. Up until that point it was a really good run and made me feel quite good about eventually being able to complete the marathon

But as i said after the 18 I felt good, after the additional 5 walk/run I felt horrendous, it was cold, I had an headache like I have never felt before. I was knackered, my muscles had started to ache and I have never wanted to get in the house as quick in my life.

I learnt a few lessons after that run:

1 Plan a bit better, at least know where you are going, due to following the canal I eventually had no idea where I was and it was the first time I have ever got lost running.

2 If you are unsure of the full length dont do any additional miles at the start. Thinking I had an idea of how long it was I did a couple of miles around the village first then the main run. If I hadnt bothered I wouldnt have had 5 miles extra to do.

3 Keep running. I was knackeredafter the 18 and stopped for a breather. I just couldnt get started again and it took me well over an hour to get home, if I hadnt stopped I would have been home in half the time.

Shed loads of runners out, about 15 in total throughout, it got a bit crazy at one point with 7 of us all heading up the same street.

A long soak in the bath eventually warmed me up.

wii fit BMI - 25.41 - the lowest for a long time

www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara2010

No comments:

Post a Comment