Sunday, 9 January 2011

2 weeks Down 14 to go

A big thankyou to Phyllis for my first sponsorship - first one again for the 3rd year running.

2nd week done and it was no easier than the first. It has been hard getting up this week to do the early morning runs and bloody cold - two hats and two pairs of gloves have been a daily requirement.

34.5 miles done this week, a mixed bag of short runs with a 14 miler today. Glad i did the miles today but the time i did was shocking, i dont know if it was the headwind for the first 11 miles or maybe the touch of black ice that caused me to go slower, I am certainly hoping it was or it is going to be one hell of a slog over the next few months - it probably was really the big fat gut swinging around in front off me that did it.

Had to miss a run midweek though due to my little angel wanting to have a chat with his dad for an hour at 3.30am, by the time i had finally persuaded him that it was good to go back to sleep there was no way i was going to get/stay up and run 7 miles.

Still need to sort a local 10km race out for the end of Jan. Not sure about doing one i have done before as I always like to beat my previous best and I just dont think i am anywhere near as fit as I was last year.

Legs where sore on Monday after last weeks long run so I am not holding out much hope for them being fine tomorrow. I think it is going to be another week of running on aching legs. Though I am drinking a lot more 'fitness runner type' drinks so hopefully that may help.

Beer Belly - 42.5ins - the six pack is getting ever closer

BMI - 27.13 - going up, it always takes a bit of time, allegedly, for the benefits of exercise to show through ??????????????

Week 2 - 34.5 miles - 5hrs 18mins ran - avg 9:15min miles
Total - 65.5miles - 9hrs 59min run - avg 9:09min miles

No comments:

Post a Comment