Sunday, 23 January 2011

4 Weeks Down

Yet another week done, it was a hard week training. Was bloody cold on some days and last sundays abysmal run took a lot of getting over. But whatever magic beans my better half used in last nights cooking certainly worked. Last weekends long run 16 miles avg 9.25mins todays 18 miles avg 8.48mins nt quite sure what happened but just kept going and going and felt good????? Also did a good 5 miles yesterday so feel great tonight. Body is aching, left knee now hurts within the 1st 5 yards of running and I can constantly feel a dull ache in it, and the back of my right ankle feels very tight so will need to keep an eye on it.

Went on a good route today, with quite a few miles along the trans pennine trail which was a cracking stretch to run on, had to pass through a slightly wierd estate to get on to it but then bam a great running section. Was also flat.

Saw a good handful of runners today which is a change from previous weeks. Was fairly mild though and i didnt have my lovely tight lycra on so people actually acknowledged me as well.

My vest also came through for the marathon so I will post a picture of it on here when I have done one.

I think I could be fairly safe in saying that if ever there was going to be a session missed it is going to be tomorrows I can just tell in my legs that it is going to be a tough one to get up for tomorrow. Only 4 miles but it is going to be hard.

Couple of races sorted for the next few weeks, Parbold Hill Race, never done it before so looking forward to it, and the Great North Western Half Marathon. Hold my PB on this but it is a new route so we shall have to see. Planning to do probably 2 more races, Spen 20, and another half somewhere.

Beer Belly - Coming down - 42 ins

BMI - 27.25 falling faster than Man City

Week 4 - 41.5 miles - 6hrs 11mins - avg 8:58 min miles
Total - 146 miles - 22hrs 07mins - avg 9:06 min miles

www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara2011

No comments:

Post a Comment