Sunday, 22 February 2009

63 Days To Go

18 miles done today, it was a tough run but I completed it in under 2hrs 50mins which is what I wanted. A bit slower than the schedule said but more than happy with it especially after the best part of a full bottle of rather nice wine last night. Still managed to get up and be out by 6.30am though and it was a beltin time to run. It was however bloody windy so even the downhill sections took some work. My legs feel good considering, a hell of a lot better than they did after 15miles a couple of weeks ago. Feeling a lot more motivated after today and feel that come April 26th I will be able to finish the marathon.

I am supposed to do 4 miles in the morning as a recovery run but it will have to be binned. We are meant to be taking Evan for a CT scan, he has a tube fitted into the cavity between his skull and brain, his own "brain drain", which if it becomes blocked or fractured etc can prove fatal in a matter of hours, so they need to do regular scans to keep a baseline figure when he is healthy in case he ever needs to go in because of it. Touch wood he has only been in once because of it, some people go in once a year. So my training will have to take a back seat for the day.

Total No. of Miles This Week - 43 - oh my god I cant believe I have actually done this amount.

1st Song on Ipod - Del Amitri - Long Way Down

No of Runners Seen - 2 both near the end when I was cream crackered.

Feet Check - Sore - Runners Nipple is worse though

Wii Fit BMI - 26.48 - I think i drained every ounce of fluid out of my body this morning

www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara
http://www.ndcschallenges.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment