Saturday, 7 February 2009

78 Days To Go

I think all the training has finally caught up with me today as I feel like crap. My muscles ache like hell and after an 'Easy' 5 miles this afternoon I could hardly bend my knee. Did get a chance to sit in the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi this morning and thought I felt good after that but it just went down hill from there. 5 mile run was ok, had to consciously slow down to keep within the pace, so up until the last 200ft there was no bother. Not quite sure what the neighbours thought, first they saw me going out in the cold in a pair of shorts, a few funny looks throughout actually, then they saw me hobbling up the street with a handful of snow held against my knee. Supposed to be running 15 miles tomorrow, the in-laws are cooking Sunday dinner so I am running to their house which is coincidentally 15 miles away. Lovely Yorkshire puds, may warrant a bit of extra effort over the last mile or so.

1st Song on Ipod - Katie Melua - Thank You, Stars - motivational singing at its best.

No of Runners Seen - None due to the fact I had my shorts on and was showing of my physique.

Feet Check - I wish they would hurt to try and move some of the pain off the knee. Really thought my feet would be wrecked during this.

Wii Fit BMI - 26.91 - Finally I have broken the 27 barrier, Sunday dinner will help me smash it the other way tomorrow.

www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara
www.ndcschallenges.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment