No small folk to beat and get revenge on in this race, but I will be back next year to challenge the 75 year old who overtook me with about a mile to go and thoroughly kicked my arse.
I have to say though that 5ft 5in, 8st women in tight licra shorts provide no protection whatsoever from the elements when you are slipstreaming behind them, well anything that might help you run faster is allowed.
I believe I was in a select band of about 3 who decided to brave the cold and wear a vest, I did sit in the car until about 2 mins before the start as it was that bloody cold.
My knee started to give me a bit of jip after about 5 miles and it is pretty sore now but I managed to run through it and get my lovely prize.
Official results arent out yet so I cant give you my overall position.
No training run tomorrow, not that I think the muscles would allow me too, but the rest of the week is certainly a tough schedule with 10miles on wednesday.
Due to 'injury' only managed 23miles this week.1st Song on Ipod - No songs on a race day.
No of Runners Seen - Just the 555.
Feet check - (Knee Check) - Stiff.
Wii Fit BMI - 26.91 - back the right side of 27.
No comments:
Post a Comment