Sunday, 17 January 2010

98 Days To Go

A good old run today - 13 miles - which is the longest I have run since last years training. It felt ok, managed it alright and hit my target time to perfection.

Was also my first day of training with just 1 hat and 1 pair of gloves and a pair of shorts, it was positively tropical out there.

Another reasonable turnout for my peers with 7 others out and about. A couple of very 'experienced' runners along the route who looked like they could keel over at any moment. Also two seen on my own street which is a first.

Also a morning for stupid women drivers - running along no problems, cars passing by quite happily, have a look around, turn back and the silly bitch - no appologies for the terminology, she was - has decided to aim her car straight at me as there was another car parked 40 yds away. I think the old boy walking his dog got a bit of a fright as i leapt straight in front of him to avoid certain death and then proceeded to let the woman know just what I really thought of her. It really isnt that hard to drive in a straight line and it really isnt hard to see a 6ft 2in bloke in a skimpy pair of running shorts.

Have changed my challenge, I am going to see if I will run enough miles during training to have done enough distance to visit all 20 Premier League Grounds. Starting in Sunderland then Hull, I will wave at Dirty Leeds as I pass it, then over to the North West. I have worked out roughly how many miles I should do during training. I have set up a poll on the left for you to see what you think. I am going to follow running routes not driving so no motorways. Over the first 2 weeks I have run 74.5miles - so i have made it all the way to North Grimston, N Yorks. Should be in Hull at the end of next week.

1st Song on Ipod - An Emotional Fish - Summertime

wii Fit BMI - 25.92

Beer Belly - 39ins - its going

Thigh Muscle - 23.5 it aint going

www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara2010

No comments:

Post a Comment