Sunday, 29 March 2009

28 Days to Go

4 weeks to go this is getting serious now. Was supposed to do 22 miles today but failed miserably and only did 21! Felt ok and did the run within the scheduled time, but it was bloody tough though. Took on the same route as a few weeks ago when I hit the wall. Wasnt going to be beat by it and wasnt. Feel very very pleased with today, once you iron the hills out of todays run then I feel fairly confident about London and that I should be able to complete it.

I dont think I have ever used as many obsceneties in a run as I did today. Oh look there's a guy running, we're a few miles from anywhere so he must have been going quite a while, should us old folk just sit back from the junction and let him pass because he is obviously in his zone. Yes we will, oh look he is now just 5 feet from us, we are sure he is thinking we are nice old folk and going to let him pass, then again we are old and our minds dont work like normal folk lets just pull out in front of him. Oh look he has hit the car. Now he has thrown his Ipod at the car, and that is now the 10th four letter word he has used in the last 3 seconds.

It would have taken them all of 5 seconds to let me pass but they are so bloody ignorant, stupid, old, i'm not saying runners rule the roads but it would have been no bother for them to let me pass, i wouldnt have had to dive out of the way like something stupid and I wouldnt have broke my ipod. And as for the 4x4 driver who some how couldnt see a 6ft 2 in bloke running up the road and decided to put his wing mirror 1 inch from my arm, he is just very lucky that he had passed me as i swung my fist at the back of his car.

I met my first true nut case today, 13 miles down and a guy on a mountain bike decided to pedal up aside and proceed to talk garbage to me for the next 1.5miles and tell me how we were doing so much good for the planet by running and cycling, unlike these nasty car drivers, didnt have the heart to tell him I had driven 70 miles this morning to do the run.

I think I have finally recovered, maybe not fully but I feel a hell of a lot better than I did this afternoon, well at least I feel like I am back on planet earth.

1st Song on Ipod - Jamie Cullum - I could have danced all night - obviously I will need to throw the Ipod a bit harder next time it might erase some of this crap.

No of Runners seen - 2 - In 21 miles 2 runners how poor is that.

Feet Check - Really sore and aching

Wii fit BMI - 25.64 - the Wii fit said I have lost 7lbs since yesterday - I can actually quite believe it.

www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara

No comments:

Post a Comment