Saturday, 28 March 2009

29 Days To Go

Oh we're in the 20's, this thing is getting damn close now. The mind is asking if I am ready and will I be ready for 4 weeks time, also how much damage has the copius amounts of alcohol last weekend done, just glad I wasnt the stag as I am sure it will take him 44 weeks to get the old jagermeister out of his system.

I have a 22 mile run planned for tomorrow and I guess that will tell me exactly how ready I am. This is the peak and the taper, running lingo - god help me, starts after tomorrow. All the info has come through from the charity as well for stuff that is happening on the day, a nice massage after the race will be the order of the day I think.

Did 5 miles today and I think I finally have had the full gambit of weather. Hailstones horizontally into your face at high speed, thats the hailstones not me at high speed, hurt and hurt like hell. A good stretch of the legs even if I was in more pain than ever before. The numbness in my face finally wore off about an hour or so later. Good job I didnt shave before hand.

1st Song on Ipod - Simple Minds - Jerusalem ???????????????

No of runners seen - None

Feet Check - Heavy

Wii Fit BMI - 26.54 - I think this is the first time it has stayed the same as the last test. Tomorrows 22 miles will undoubtedly put paid to getting a hat trick of equal measurements.

www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara

No comments:

Post a Comment