That is the hardest thing I have ever done. 20 miles with sun and hills and Nell McAndrew (I think). Spent my sunday morning with a super model - what about you lot. Completed the course in 2hrs 53mins which I am really pleased with. Overall I am so happy with todays run. Only the 2nd time I have run this far and with the hills I am just so made up with it. Some guy said if you could complete todays run then the marathon will be no problem, after it I think he may have been right, at least there will be no hills.
I think I drained every bit of energy and fluid out of my body today. Even the downhill sections were tough. I did make one tiny mistake though and drank a milk based energy drink after finishing, lets just say it didnt stay there for very long, neither did the water that I drank afterwards. That is the first time I have thrown up either during or after a run. I was also shaking for a short period, but feel ok now. I certainly know I have put some effort in today.
I may have said it once already today but I am so pleased with todays run, knackered but chuffed to bits. I have also kind of told my wife today that this will be my one and only marathon and that anything longer in future than a half marathon well they can keep it.
I am unable to provide a photo of me in my race gear and customary t-shirt, 1 - because I was that wrecked I had to get changed asap and 2 - because we got a bloody pen, yes a pen, for our efforts and no snazzy designed t-shirt. See below.
The little bloke I beat a few weeks ago in the Dewsbury 10k, well I did him again.
Supposed to do a 4 mile run in the morning - guess what I aint.
1st Song on Ipod - Not race etiqutte
No of runners seen - about 350 - dont think I was in the top half though
Feet Check - Cramp all evening
Wii Fit BMI - 25.78 - thats because I have no fluid in my body - watch it fly up this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment