Today is the toughest run I have ever done, but I feel great. 20 miles done under 3 hours, which is what the schedule wanted, and that was with the last 7 feeling like it was constantly into a head wind. Its the farthest I have ever run. Both my knees ache now along with most other muscles in my body and my legs are so stiff. I think I have drank about 10 litres of fluid as well since I finished. I cant believe I have actually done the 20 miles, I am so pleased, it was just bloody tough.
I have 2 weeks of 20 miles before a 22 mile run then it slopes down before the marathon itself. 1 is the race next week, and 1 supposedly in Edinburgh, my wife wants to see the download from my GPS watch to prove I didnt just get leathered all weekend and did actually go for a run.
I am supposed to do 4 miles recovery run tomorrow but we are taking Evan for a CT Scan in the morning, he suffers from a condition called Hydrocephalus brought on by a brain hemorrhage at birth and whilst he is fit and healthy they like to do a base scan. A bit nervous about it, even though you would think we should be use to it by now. Its not really the way I'd like to get out of runs but at least I wont have to drag my aching body around tomorrow.
No of miles in the week - 47 - Forty bloody Seven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
1st Song on Ipod - Paul Young - Oh Girl
No of Runners Seen - 6
Feet Check - Sore & Tired
Wii Fit BMI - 26.23 - Back heading south
www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment