Thursday, 5 March 2009

52 Days to Go

Today was probably the best training run I have done. I felt good for all 9 miles, did it in the faster pace I was required to do, 8:03min/miles which is around my half marathon racing pace, I dont think I have sustained that sort of pace during an early morning run before, especially not for that sort of distance. I am sure the drinks I am taking are working as the muscles arent feeling as tired for as long as they have done.

I have just read that this great athlete has scared off one competitor for the marathon. I am disappointed Paula Radcliffe has felt the need to drop out with my presence being there, but never mind it will save her any embarrasment.

Day of rest and a bit of a lie in tomorrow, I am looking very much forward to this, a bit of rest then 5 on sat and 20 on sun.

I forgot to check the weather out of the window this morning before getting dressed to run, and by the time I got outside I couldnt be bothered going back in to put a long sleeve top on and it was bitter, all the cars frozen and stupid me in shorts and a short sleeve top, and I wonder why there is only me out running at this time of day.

A new poll for you all, see left, the stag do is 2 weeks away so i will see what is the popular opinion.

1st Song on Ipod - Gun - Vicious Heart

No of Runners Seen - 1 - dressed appropriately

Feet Check - Tired

Wii Fit BMI -26.74 - Minor blips all week - Sunday will reduce it, always does.

www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara

No comments:

Post a Comment