Halfway there, I cant believe that.
Today was tough, was supposed to be a 20 mile run but i hit a wall at just over 16. Not making excuses but the energy just went out of my legs and that was it, dont know if it has anything to do with the dicky stomach yesterday. I couldnt run any more, tried but nowt there. A bit gutted really but the route was also a fairly tough one with a lot of hills both up and down. I ended up going over to the folks and running there, so for the locals who may understand, the route was as follows:
Orrell
Roby Mill
Appley Bridge
Dangerous Corner
Parbold
Newburgh
Ashurst Beacon - This was a tough stretch
Hall Green
Chequer Lane
Billinge - This is were it ended.
On the other hand I am happy that I completed 16 miles, if I had set out to do 16 on this route I would have been happy to have done it, I guess it is just that this is the first time I havent completed the full mileage.
20 miles to do each of the next 3 sundays so I will get the chance to redeem myself.
1st Song on Ipod - Coldplay - Shiver - Crap - Simple as that.
No of Runners Seen - Loads - 1st 20 yards from start, then a group of about 7 who took off like a bat out of hell in front of me, then the worst of all one Steven Unsworth showing me how it should be done whilst I was battling thru the wall i'd just hit. I will see him at Blackpool.
Feet Check - Tired
Wii Fit BMI - 26.11 - Oh 27 is a distant memory now.
www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara
www.ndcschallenges.org.uk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment