Sunday, 5 April 2009

21 Days to Go

Absolutely belting run today, totally made up with how it went. Finished in 1hr 39mins 04secs. (7min 32sec / mile on average) which is exactly what I wanted to do. Smashed my best by almost 7mins. I felt really good and had lots of energy all the way round. Did my fastest mile between miles 12 & 13 which is unheard of for me its usually the slowest, and the 2nd half was only about 30secs slower than the first half of the race which again is unbelievable, as I am usually far too knackered to keep the pace up.

A big well done to Ste Unsworth who ran today, lets just keep it to that he finished, though my dad was worried he might miss the Everton v Wigan kickoff (at 3.00pm) if Ste hadnt hurried up. (We started at 9.00am) He acted as a very good pace maker for the first 3 miles but the slightly red face did tell a few truths and I left him alone at that point, its probably the fact that 15 bottles of Corona 2 days earlier isnt good preparation, I drank 5 diet cokes at the same wedding and 2 pints of shandy.

The official results arent out yet so dont know my final position yet.

I am knackered now so I will post some photos tomorrow and also mention how I yet again beat the small chap (dwarf) who I have now beat over the last few races. He did however stretch his legs a bit and beat Ste.

1st Song on Ipod - Race etiquette no Ipod

Feet Check - Suprisingly Good

No of Runners Seen - 2000 ish I think

wii Fit BMI - 26.11

www.justgiving/davidmcnamara

No comments:

Post a Comment