Monday, 27 April 2009

The Day After

Simply the hardest thing I have ever done, the feeling when I crossed the line wasnt one of elation just pure pain, but that soon turned to a pure high in what I had just done (some point after the vomit came up). I am still on a high 24 hours later. Whilst it was the worst pain in the world, to know that I have done it and nobody can take that off me is an amazing feeling.

I can hardly remember most of the race it just went so quick. I do remember seeing my better half twice around the course, and I certainly remember the surreal sight of about a thousand folk doing the YMCA at 13 miles.

The pain really started to hit at about 24 miles and by 25 it was murder, the last mile did take me about 11 mins with a little walk in the middle I am afraid to say but I knew I could do that and stiil beat the 4 hours so I had too, 3hrs 58mins 04secs to be exact. I think it then took me about 30 mins just to get my bag back due to stoppong every 10 yards, followed by a bit of a mazy delirious walk through the finish area followed by a walk to the NDCS reception were some very very brave young lady kindly gave me a massage. Pure relief.

Whilst it isnt everybodies cup of tea I would honestly recommend it to all, the feeling during is awful, at least the last few miles, but once you come arround afterwards it is just immense.





1st Song on Tannoy - Deeply Dippy ???????

No of Runners Seen - 35,000

Feet Check - Very Sore - but no blisters

wii Fit BMI - 24.95 - It takes a 26 mile run in the heat to finally get me down to IDEAL - Overweight when I started and Ideal when I finished. At least 8lbs lighter.

www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara - £1700 collected cas so far with another £300 ish still to come. Thankyou all so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment