Saturday, 24 January 2009

92 Days To Go

'Easy' 5 miles on the schedule today, it was ok until I decided the only way back home was up Wakefield Mountain if I didnt want to do an extra few miles. So the first 4 1/2 miles were fine it was an absolute killer the last 1/2 though. Ran this afternoon which was good to actually run in the daylight for a change. Also didnt eat too much beforehand so didnt feel sick like last week. Today was meant to be about stretching the legs due to having a 13 mile run planned for tomorrow, I have never run this far in training and only have done when doing actual half marathon races, so not sure how I feel about going so far yet. We will see when I get up in the morning, I am aiming to get up fairly early and get it done and out the way.

Finally got a chance to sit in the jacuzzi today at the gym, and it was niiiice. Only problem was then having to get back in the pool for Evans swimming lesson and the water felt freezing. It was worth it as he kicked his legs and swam with his float for the first time ever on his own. Swimming is quite a challenge, or at least trying to get him to do anything in the pool is, we dont have waterproof hearing aids so to try and keep his attention or to try and communicate with him is difficult. Due to having to hold on to him a lot of the time it is nigh on impossible to sign to him but he has progressed from clinging on to me to now quite happy being on his own so we are absolutely chuffed to bits.

1st Song On Ipod - Gene - Fill Her Up

No of Runners Seen - None, due to there being no room on the roads because of the 1001 dogs and walkers that exist in my village. There was just dogs everywhere today when I went out.

Feet Check - Good after being soaked in the jacuzzi.

Wii Fit BMI - 27.39 - back down to my lowest after yesterdays rest stop.

www.justgiving.com/davidmcnamara
http://www.ndcschallenges.org.uk/

1 comment:

  1. It seems like your taking this all very seriously, I better up my training for the Blackpool 1/2 marathon or I will be spending too much time looking at your rear!!

    ReplyDelete