Sunday, 4 January 2009

112 Days To Go

In a moment of madness I decided to run the London Marathon in support of the National Deaf Childrens Society (NDCS) as my eldest son, Evan, is deaf. In the past we have supported the Peter Congdon Neonatal Unit at Leeds General Infirmary as they cared for Evan for the first 6 months of his life and without whom he would not be with us today, however, we have decided to look forward and not back and with communication being one of his major hurdles in life we felt this was a worthwhile cause to support.

I dont know what I will be posting here but I will try and post something everyday to show how my training is going, maybe even the odd picture aswell, please feel free to post any comments.

According to the Wii Fit I am at this moment in time OVERWEIGHT with a BMI of 28.12, i will keep you informed of any changes - hopefully these will all be in the right direction!!

Tomorrow is the first 'Official' day of training according to my running schedule. I have just been outside and it is absolutely bitter cold so I am not looking forward to getting up at 5.00am to do the first 5 miles.

1 comment:

  1. Come on Dave you can do it!! Just remember how many times you could run round the block so you could drink all the fizzy pop...

    ReplyDelete